A VPS is a Virtual Private Server, a virtualized server. A VPS is an emulation of a server, also known as a virtual private server, which is created within a parent server through software called a hypervisor and shares resources with other virtual servers.
A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and customers may have dedicated access to that operating system instance, so they can install almost any software that runs on that OS. For many purposes, they are functionally equivalent to a dedicated physical server, and being software-defined, are able to be much more easily created and configured. VPS is priced much lower than a dedicated server. However, as they share the single hardware with other VPS, performance may be lower, depending on the workload of any other executing virtual machines.
A VPS has the ability to upgrade/downgrade its resources as per the client’s need. With high-speed Cloud VPS, you can easily get started on one VPS Hosting plan and scale resources on demand as your business continue to grow.
There Are Three Basic Tiers to Remote Hosting Options:
Typically the most basic, least expensive plan available from a web host provider, which many people building a website start off with. While a shared hosting provider should have everything you need for a personal or small business site, you are sharing resources with others on the same server, so if your site grows, you may need a different plan.
Essentially a step up from shared hosting, VPS allows you to get similar capabilities and performance to a dedicated server for your site without going up to a pricier dedicated server service. There are two types of VPS hosting: managed hosting and unmanaged hosting (more below).
Dedicated Server Hosting
Typically the most expensive plan available from VPS providers, a dedicated server host hosts only one website, not multiple ones. That means you don’t have to share any resources with other sites, so you’ll get far better performance.
The best VPS hosting plan will look different based upon your needs. Continue reading to learn more about which VPS providers we recommend.
When Should You Choose VPS Hosting Over Shared Hosting?
Shared hosting works best for smaller sites that don’t get lots of traffic or require many resources. Many people creating a website for the first time start with a shared plan. Because it is easy to find this out there for little to no money, it’s the best VPS hosting on a budget for beginners. However, if you discover that your website has suddenly upped its demands, whether in terms of traffic or adding an online store, or performance or security have suddenly entered your sphere of concern, it’s most likely the right time for you to upgrade your site, picking the best VPS hosting plan for your specific needs.
What’s the Difference Between Unmanaged and Managed VPS Hosting?
A managed VPS hosting service is typically more expensive, yes. However, it is best for those with less technical backgrounds, as it lets the company take care of the software and system updates you request. An unmanaged VPS hosting service means the hosting provider is only responsible for the physical server and making sure it’s available — you’ll need to take care of maintenance, upgrades and software installation, which can add up versus a managed VPS plan.
The Different Types of VPS Hosting Are as Follows:
- Windows VPS or Linux VPS
- Managed VPS or Unmanaged VPS
- Xen or OpenVZ
Most providers offer two types of VPS servers Openvz or xen but there are a few more different types of servers. Every different type of VPS server is built for certain requirements. For example, you may go with xen if you want more power out of your resources instead of going with openvz.
OpenVZ, VPS Hosting
OpenVZ is the open-source form of SWsoft’s honor-winning virtualization programming, Virtuozzo. Like its business partner, OpenVZ offers compartmentalized record frameworks. They also offer access to full root and dependable execution to virtual private server executives.
Here’s the reason OpenVZ facilitating over Xen for applications:
- It offers the best virtual private server execution.
- OpenVZ incorporates a full supplement of Linux working framework layouts and application stacks.
- They are far lesser authorizing cost for WHM/cPanel.
Xen VPS Hosting
Xen offers customization and control which you won’t discover with different frameworks. The highlights which separate Xen include:
- Swapping locations
- Full control of all tables’ modules
- Loadable bit modules
- Access to remote consoling to solve issues.
Windows VPS Hosting
Windows VPS hosting will be on .net Framework. This will ensure strong administration for your business. It protects you from losing information guaranteeing improved plate I/O. Windows VPS server will have discretionary server reinforcements.
Managed VPS Hosting
Managed VPS hosting balances amongst full and no obligation, it permits you to take full control of your VPS facilitating with full root access. For instance, Managed to host likewise furnishes you with the help of experienced IT experts. Those who can help keep your virtual server running accurately. It enables you to take complete control of yourself, like that of a committed server.
Cloud VPS Hosting
Instead of relying on a single machine a VPS is deployed on a group of machines called cloud VPS.
The benefit of cloud hosting is that your data is able to be stored on different servers unlike with traditional hosting where your data is only stored in one server. That means that when one network is full of activity, you are able to still operate by employing the use of other networks that are not busy. Having multiple storage servers in cloud technology allows minimal downtime, faster website performance, and effective control of your data.
HostMines Cloud VPS
100% Cloud-Powered VPS Hosting
Reliability, Redundancy, and Scalability!
All the VPS hosting packages are deployed on top of our high-speed cloud giving reliability and redundancy. Since VPS server is in a cloud environment you can add more resources such as CPU cores, RAM, and disk anytime you need.
What Makes HostMines VPS Hosting Different?
Many of the “big hosting” companies are still deploying VPS using virtualization software on an old traditional dedicated server. This means they have one physical server, with a spinning hard drive, RAM, etc., and use hypervisor software to deploy multiple Virtual Private Servers. If just one of the many hardware pieces in the machine fails, it can send the entire parent server offline, crashing all the “child” or “virtual server” instances.
If you need to upgrade your VPS, they have to ensure they have enough RAM/Disk Space on the machine in order to re-image and allow you to have access. Sometimes this requires taking the entire machine offline and adding them.
All of this leads to unwanted downtime, decreased redundancy, and a lack of scalability.
HostMines Provides the Highest Quality VPS in the Industry
- Cloud VPS Hosting – All of our VPS Hosting Plans are deployed on top of a high-speed cloud. We don’t rely on any single piece of hardware to power your VPS.
- Instantly Scalable – If you need to add more CPU power, RAM, or disk space, it can be done anytime.
- 99.9% Uptime – Since none of our VPS Hosting Plans are relying on a single piece of hardware and we have multiple upstream providers we’re able to offer a highly redundant solution for your business.
- SSD Raid 10 Storage – We don’t use cheap SATA or other hard drives with moving parts that are known to fail! All of our VPS Hosting Plans use Solid State Drives protected by Raid 10. This means that not only is your data being read/written extremely fast, it’s also automatically being replicated to another drive incase of a failure.
- Fully Managed VPS – Don’t know how to do important software and kernel updates? For Managed VPS our tech Support team manages all aspects of your Operating System including critical updates and patches to ensure your server is up-to-date and patched for the latest security threats.
- CentOS 7 – All of our VPS Hosting plans come standard with CentOS 7. A free, enterprise-class, community-supported, Linux distribution. This is the operating system of choice for many very large organizations that will ensure maximum efficiency of your server.
HostMines – Cloud VPS Hosting Price and Plans:
VPS Hosting Features:
- cPanel/WHM Included – Don’t want to have to manually configure your website and server? All of our VPS Hosting packages include a 100% free cPanel/WHM license allowing you to place your server on autopilot having instant account provisioning. Perfect for high traffic website and others already familiar with their basic Web Hosting package.
- Free SSL (https) – All domains and sub-domains hosted on your VPS Hosting accounts come with free and automatic SSL (https) powered by Let’s Encrypt. Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA), run for the public’s benefit. It is a service provided by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).
- Nightly Offsite Server Backups – All our VPS Hosting plans have the ability to automatically backup your entire server nightly and store the data in an offsite location. If you ever need to recover from a disaster you can restore the server to a previous state right inside of your interface. These backups are billed by the number of days data you wish to retain.
- Free Incoming Bandwidth – Only pay for your outgoing bandwidth! All incoming bandwidth to your VPS Hosting package is provided at no additional cost. This will save you hundreds of dollars yearly from many of our competitors.
Benefits Of Cloud VPS Hosting
Unlike Shared Web hosting, VPS Hosting gives you full control over the number of resources your website or application can use.
You also have complete root access allowing you to make very specific configuration changes all the way up to the operating system. This gives you the flexibility to operate your server to meet your exact needs. Given all of our VPS hosting packages are in the cloud you also have the ability to increase your resources as you grow.
Some of our customers will deploy our 2GB VPS Hosting plan in order to configure their server and get their app running only to upgrade it to our 4GB VPS once they’re ready for live traffic. This allows you to test the full functionality of your website or application without having to perform a migration later on. This also gives startups with limited budgets to have the flexibility they need without spending hundreds of dollars.